A simple new theme

A few weeks ago I updated the Nikola that powers this site to version 8. At the same time, I started looking into how I could get rid of all external dependencies, e.g. JavaScript and fonts.

The first step now is to switch to the very basic base-jinja theme. So far, I've only changed the main color to the familiar red, added a .video-container CSS class that helps making embedded YouTube videos responsive, and removed all JavaScript from the theme templates.

There are still embedded videos and tweets that load external files. But I'm okay with that for now.

Sometime in the future I'll have to make the site a bit prettier. I really liked the old styling. But for now, this has to do.